Wednesday 27 February 2019

Febuary's trip: Northern Expedition of Peninsula Malaysia and Thailand (13/2/19 - 15/2/19) part 2


After that, then I proceed my journey with travelling to the neighbouring country - Thailand...




It was my first time to cross internation border to neighbouring country. Under the hot scorching sun, I had safely arrived to the border town of Padangbezar of Songkhla Province, Thailand. Unlike its partner of Padang Besar town in Malaysia, Padangbezar town is comparatively larger in size than in Malaysia. There are a variety of eateries stalls and shop lots for us to sit down and patronize. Among the thai delicacies, what I liked the most is Som Tam, it is made from crushed papayas, vegatables, peanuts as well as chilis, mixed with some zesty taste paste. Therefore, upon consuming this meal, you can get to feel the sour taste in the hot and spicy taste.

Besides of tasting delicacies there, here are few photos related to my travel...
Wat Padangbesa, the Siamese temple in Padangbezar town

Apart from that, I did also realize that the 7-eleven there were also differ than what were perceived in Malaysia. 7-eleven there were larger in size compared to those operated in Malaysia. Since they are bigger in size, so 7-eleven convenient shops there did offer a myriad choices of daily commodities as well as foods.

After travelling finished in Padangbezar, I left Thailand and going back to Perlis again. On that night, the guest house host has treated my an ordinary Chinese cuisine dinner in Kangar, Perlis. After having dinner, I went to the Chinese New Year celebration organized by the local town council. Fortunately, I got my luck to meet that state's Menteri Besar, YB Dato' Azlan Man. Perlis state is indeed too small until you could have stand a chance to meet the Menteri Besar which is deemed to be hardly to be meet by ordinary people in the other states.

 The last part, part 3 (the last day of my trip) will be updated soon, maybe I will be updating it in these few days. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment