Monday 15 February 2016

My Chinese New Year Journey



Hello everybody! Today I gonna share with each and every of you regarding my 2016 CNY journey. Well, basically, every Chinese (including Overseas Chinese) will celebrate Chinese New Year no matter there are busy or having abundance of spare time.  Normally, they will return to their hometown in order to reunite with their family members especially the older ones (like parents or grandparents in hometown…). Back again to my journey, I did also go back to my hometown in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia with my family members in order to reunite with my another family members (all my fellow relatives…) aside from celebrating CNY… Let’s begin…

Last week, my family and I went to visit relatives in Kota Bharu, Kelantan (which is my father’s hometown). We departed to there on the 1st day of CNY (大年初一). Well, some of you may ask me: “Why won’t you go to there on the CNY eve?”  .  This is because many people as well will going back to each of their hometown and eventually causing traffic jam (typically happens when there are the festivals celebrating in Malaysia…).  Ok then, let’s view some of the picture that captured by me on this journey…

On the 1st day of CNY… we get prepared everything before we going to Kota Bharu…
Gombak toll, one of the tolls in the Karak highway… It (Karak Highway) also a main passage for the people to acess to the east coast in Malaysia Penisula.

Shell kiosk station nearby Bentong, Pahang…
We were having lunch at Marrybrown fast food restaurant in Raub, Pahang…
Still had about 180km to go to Kota Bharu (this was in Gua Musang, Kelantan…)
Kelantan is one of the states (also included Kedah and Terengganu) that encompassed with the Islamic stuffs… So you can clearly see the signboards are written in Malay and Jawi scripts…

2nd day of CNY… My family and I visited my grandfather’s brother…


As well as my grandmother’s brother… He is a shop owner who sells the electrical appliances…

Later, we watch movie with relatives…
3rd day of CNY… We all together celebrated my grandfather’s birthday in Renaissance Hotel, Kota Bharu…

 My family picture (a bit blur lah…)



4th day of CNY… My father and I went to order take away in Restoran Kita (a prestigious chinese-kelantanese malay restaurant in Kota Bharu) so that we could have lunch when we were on the road going back home. The owner is a Chinese but he able to cook Kelantan’s Malay style food such as Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Kak Wok, Nasi Tumpang…



Aduhai, we stucked in the Karak highway while on the way back to home…  



 Ok, that's all I want to talk about. I hope you enjoy this article and please follow me on my Google + account, twitter (@JiaZhe1) and facebook (username: Jia Zhe Wong)... If you have any stories regarding your CNY journey, please comment below this blog post. Thank you, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment